Monday, February 7, 2011

More updates on Mr. P

It is 5:00pm and we just got home from the gym. On the car ride home, Porter was reading a book called "It's Not Fair!"...about a little boy bunny who gets a new baby sister. He told me he wants us to buy a baby sister. I informed him that's not how it works and that having a baby is a gift from God. Well, of course he doesn't understand. He just really wants to buy one, and if he can't then "why not?". "How do we get one mommy? I really want one." Then the dreaded "Then how do you make a baby?" Uh, ask daddy. :)

Earlier today, out of the blue, Porter says he really loves God and he wants to go live with him. He wants to be run over by a car. Gruesome. I know! 
 Cannon responded by saying, “You don't want that Porter. You won't live with us anymore if you are run over by a car."
 Porter says, "I do want to live with God! I really love him. Mommy, can you, daddy, Brewer, Cannon, and me all get run over today?" 
 I then tried to explain a couple of things about life -  that God has given us this wonderful life to live and it’s a gift from God to be cherished. 
But then Cannon jumps on the band wagon and says, "it IS supposed to be paradise mommy!" I tried to change the subject and asked Porter if he wants one of his songs. He said he only wants songs about loving God. After three Christian songs, he was ready for his new favorite "Girls Just Want To Have Fun". :)
All this heavy stuff in one day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.