Wherever I go (and I mean that literally) Brewer climbs on everything! We can go to something as "non-physical" as the library, and Brew will climb the pole on the way into the building. When he was smaller, I couldn't take him into Blockbuster without him climbing the shelves to the ceiling.
Now...I am not surprised. Brewer is 100% his father. They both have to make all their tasks a little bit more exciting. When Brew was 4 I came home and Newt had them rappelling down the side of our house.
He is always in a tree or on a roof. I have to get angry sometimes when he scales our armoir in the den and jumps off. Or climbs on top of my car, slides down the front windshield, and cracks it. Or hangs on the side mirror of my car until it breaks off. This summer we went to Dallas to visit my family. My sisters and I went to a water park one day and Chrissy and I see Brewer scaling a FLAT wall out of the deep end of this huge wave pool! He made it all the way up to the top. Christine laughs and says "your child is seriously Spiderman."
Most recently, Newt was out of town and I took them to their first HIES football game. I met up with the Middlethons so I wasn't alone with three wild boys! We were walking up to the the stadium at Riverwood high school, and Brewer climbs up a pole to the roof and is hanging on the roof of the stadium. Lorin and Mathew Middlethon are a little freaked out and say "Kim, Brewer is on the roof!" What's probably more funny and shocking to others is my response. "Oh, Brew. Come on. Let's go" - and I keep walking like nothing just happened.
Thursday, October 21, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.