I have been wanting to start writing down some of the funny stories that happen with raising three "spirited" little boys. Moments that I believe will be precious memories that I am fearful I will forget someday. So here I go on what I want to be more like a journal - that I can look back on one day and be able to clearly retell some of the crazy stories...accurately!!
I went to hear a speaker this morning at HIES about trusting in the Lord (even when it is something terrible you have to go through)...that he has a plan for you, finding the hope that knowing our Lord and savior can provide, and knowing that even in your darkest times (where you feel most alone) that God is with you. It gave me a little perspective on my life and my "hardships and worries".
I just found out my cousin Beth has breast cancer that has most likely spread to the bones and brain. She is around 43 and has three young children. I have known so many people recently that are losing their battle to cancer. It makes me think all the time about how fleeting life is and how I need to really "live" each day. Marcia, the women who I heard speak this morning, started her speech by saying "This is the day that the Lord has made. Let us rejoice and be glad in it." These two sentences were the impetus to my decision to start recording some of life's "stories". I want to cherish and remember these days so badly. I feel as though they are flying by and I am not enjoying them as I should. I am not "rejoicing" in the day. So here goes...
I have three awesome boys. Wild, curious, and sometimes draining. But always loving, funny, and the joy of my heart.
Monday, October 18, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.